American Electric Power (AEP) is a major player in the electric generation industry in the United States servicing more than 5.3 million customers accross 11 states. American Electric Power (AEP) is also one of the largest generators of electricity in the country with a 38,000 megawatts of generating capacity in the U.S. They also boast the country's biggest electricity transmission system having above more than 40,000-mile network that includes more 765-kilovolt extra-high voltage transmission lines than all other U.S. transmission systems combined.
The electric company's transmission system serves approximately 10% of 38 eastern and central U.S. states and eastern Canada (Eastern Interconnection), and 11% of the electricity demand in Texas (ERCOT).
Their headquarters is in Columbus, Ohio.
If you are planning to live in an area covered by American Electric Power (AEP) and want to avail of their services here is how to activate your account:
1. Go to their website and access "Start & Stop Service" or simply click on this link:
2. Then you will need to enter the address where you'll need to activate the service. Or, you can just enter your meter number.
3. You will be asked the specific date when you want to begin service.
4. Fill up an information sheet about you and your account.
5. Provide your billing and service information.
6. You will need to provide a security deposit.
Deposits are required for new customers and existing or previous customers who haven’t consistently paid their bills on time. The security deposit will also earn 3.00% interest annually. Help Me Activate